Saturday, March 6, 2010

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

I am in love.

As much as I consider WoW to be the best thing that ever happened, I've always preferred the Starcraft universe over the Warcraft one. Sadly though, Starcraft is old and got out-dated graphically; Warcraft 3 kinda stepped in at this point and blew it out of the water. When all the other kids were levelling their heroes, I was kicking ass with a level 30 Thorns Aura in Diablo II and having my ass kicked in Starcraft. Good times.

Oddly enough, even though Zerg were my class of choice back in the old days, I greatly prefer the Terran and the Protoss of SC2 so far, if the beta is anything to go by. The Protoss in particular have really caught my eye (shut up it's not because I'm a War of the Worlds fangirl shut up~♥), and not just because the Mothership is way overpowered. ;)

It plays so much like the old Starcraft that I literally could get all my techtree improvements sorted, throw together a couple of half-assed armies (groups of twenty-four! Finally!) and beat up the AI whilst ogling every detail of the map and new units.

It's made me look forward to the release even more. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment